Custom steel coil slitting services involve a processing technique used to cut coil into narrower widths.
There is an old adage that states that the person who throws away the least amount of scrap wins. By being able to take a full-sized coil and slit it down to the minimum width needed to manufacture a part is a winner.
Every manufacturer wants the slit width that is on target, feeding the dies with exactly the correct width produces a quality consistent product. Ready to learn more about Steel Warehouse's steel slitting services?
Steel & Coil Slitting Capabilities
Steel Warehouse can handle up to 100,000 lbs entry and 80,000 pounds exit. The larger coils that we offer can increase your fabrication productivity.
Additional capabilities include:
- Mechanical edge trimming is available up to 1"
- We offer from 24” ID to 32” ID and can slit up to 120k yield high strength steel, depending on gauge and width
- Jewelry type slitting to ⅞” floorplate slitting, we offer incredibly wide range capabilities
- Ability to cut to length slit coils, providing blanks that can be more efficient for higher volume applications than burning
Steel Slitting Applications
Tubing and stamping applications include:
- Chain saw blades
- Dock levelers/floor plate
- Office furniture and fixtures
- Medical equipment
- Lawn and garden
- Heavy equipment
ADDITIONAL STEEL WAREHOUSE PROCESSING CAPABILITIES
Explore Our Available Steel Products & Grades
Our knowledge and experience give nearly 100% accurate delivery of High Carbon, Low Carbon, Stainless Steel products processed and packaged to your exact specifications.