Recommended for general uses.
These grades are not meant for use above 900°F [540°C].
Two grades, each with three classes, are provided as follows:
- Grade and Class Condition
- Grade A, Class 1 as-rolled and precipitation heat treated. Mandatory notch toughness requirements are specified for Grade A, Class 1.
- Grade A, Class 2 normalized and precipitation heat treated
- Grade A, Class 3 quenched and precipitation heat treated
- Grade B, Class 1 as-rolled Grade B provides minimum yield strength levels ranging from 70 to 75 ksi [480 to 515 MPa], depending on thickness and condition.
- Grade B, Class 2 normalized
- Grade B, Class 3 normalized and precipitation heat treated
Precipitation strengthening can occur with air cooling after hot rolling, during normalizing, and by other heat treatment. These grades are not meant for use above 900°F [540°C].
We will be glad to help you select the exact grade for your needs.
- Strength, Yield Strength ksi (MPa), Tensile Strength ksi (MPa): Grade A: Strong, 80 (550). Grade B: 70-75 (480-515)
- Formability: % Elongation: Good, 20%
For better formability consider Drawing Steel
- Joining – Fair
Design and welding must account for stresses.
- Corrosion Resistance – Basic.
Galvanizing will slow corrosion. For longer life in harsh chemical conditions, consider Galvanized or Coated Steel
- Chemistry – Low carbon, medium manganese, silicon, alloyed with copper, Chromium, Nickel, and Molybdenum
- Cost – Higher.
Good when thinner or stronger steels will add value.
Explore Our Available Steel Products & Grades
Our knowledge and experience give nearly 100% accurate delivery of High Carbon, Low Carbon, Stainless Steel products processed and packaged to your exact specifications.